Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Specified Color Profile is Invalid

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pat.orner

pat.orner

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hello,

I have come across a problem adding an addition driver to my print server. The print server is running multiple printers on Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2. I have been using the following method (which has worked in the past with other printers): Settings->Printer and Faxes, File->Server Properties, Select Drivers, Add. I have downloaded the drivers from Canon's site directly. The install appears to go through fine, however at the very end when clicking Finish, the error message pops up "The Specified Color Profile is Invalid" and the installation fails.

Printer: Canon i3170
Driver: x64 PCL 5e (Also tried an older version as well as the UFRII driver)

The driver is needed for a new Windows 7 64 bit machine recently purchased for a new employee, and I was successfully able to add a different black and white printer driver, just not this color printer. The x86 drivers are working fine and have been for some time.

After doing some research, I tried removing the driver, and restarting the printer spool then reinstalling the driver, however I still received the error message. I read a few places that a server reboot fixed the problem, however I do not have that option right away and do not see why that would all of a sudden fix things. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users