Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Redirects and Extremely Slow Firefox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Hall

Kyle Hall

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hey guys,

I have been here before to have you guys help me with my computer as it was slow and having a lot of problems. Since I have done all that you told me it is still running slow, however I can deal with it being slow. What I can not deal with is constantly being redirected to websites ever since I took into account all the things you have told me. It has gotten to the point now, where every three or so websites, redirects me to this sites with the address: hxxp://click.s3.amazonaws.com ***Note, the address is different at times, but always has the amazonaws in it....

I have run Malwarebytes, I run Zone Alarm Pro virus detector now, I used ESET online scanner... All this and nothing has come up. ANY HELP TO HARNESS MY COMPUTER WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! UGH!

Edited by quietman7, 24 February 2011 - 02:23 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected & removed active link to possible malware site

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FixingaSlowComputer

FixingaSlowComputer

• Banned
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

If you're using Internet Explorer go to Tools>Options> Connections Tab> make sure than LAN setting are set to "automatically detect settings" and NOTHING else. If that doesn't work try downloading or installing firefox and or chrome.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Please do not post active links to malware or possible malware related sites to include links which may lead to sites where infections have been contracted and spread. I have removed the one(s) you posted so others do not accidentally click on them.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.zip) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to print out and follow all instructions for performing a scan or refer to these instructions with screenshots.

• Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the Desktop. Vista/Windows 7 users refer to these instructions if you're unsure how to unzip a file.
  • If you don't have an extracting program, you can download TDSSKiller.exe and use that instead.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.

Posted Image
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • Any objects found, will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure...do not change it.

Posted Image
  • Click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.<- Important!!

Posted Image
  • If 'Suspicious' objects are detected, you will be given the option to Skip or Quarantine. Skip will be the default selection. Leave it as such for now.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
-- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.

-- For any files detected as 'Suspicious' (except those identified as Forged to be cured after reboot) get a second opinion by submitting to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.

Some infections will alter the Proxy settings in Internet Explorer which can affect your ability to browse, update or download tools required for disinfection. Check/Reset Proxy Server Settings. To do that, please refer to Steps 4-7 under the section Automated Removal Instructions for System Tool using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in this guide.

Alternatively, you can press the WINKEY + R keys on your keyboard or click Posted Image > Run..., and in the Open dialog box, type: inetcpl.cpl
Click OK or press Enter. Click the Connections tab and continue following the instructions in the above guide.

If using FireFox, refer to these instructions to check and configure Proxy Settings under the Connection Settings Dialog.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Kyle Hall

Kyle Hall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

Ran TDSS Killer to no avail. Now what??

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

Does that mean it did not run or did not find anything?

#6 Kyle Hall

Kyle Hall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

Sorry... it ran, and it did not find anything...

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

If none of the tools you have used thus far are finding any malicious files or not successful at removal, this issue will require further investigation. Many of the tools we use in this forum are not capable of detecting (repairing/removing) all malware variants so more advanced tools are needed to investigate. Before that can be done you will need you to create and post a DDS log for further investigation.

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help".
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 7 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.
When you have done that, post your log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the Malware Response Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the Malware Response Team.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic381597.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users