Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security tool virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Randydt

Randydt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

I have the security tool virus and now I cannot acces the Internet, even in safe mode with networking. Is there a way to manually kill the processes without RKill?

The Virus first appeared three days ago and internet still worked on the admin and other persons log in (this computer has three users) My login still is the only one that is completely taken over by the security tool virus and displays the page used in the examples on this site. I shut the computer down and did not get back to it until yesterday. Now there is no internet access even in safe mode. When I try add a network I am being blocked.

I ran an old version of malwarebytes on saturday and it removed one infected object but the problem is still there and getting worse. Last night I coukld not access the internet at all. I used the task manager to try stop the processes but a few were not allowed and some would redirect to a blue screen that said the computer was shutting down to protect windows and would shut down before I could read more.

I am going to download Rkill to a flash drive today and see if that helps. Any ideas to getting the internet connection back so I can perform the automated virus removal process?

Any help getting me connected would he greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Randy

Edited by Randydt, 23 February 2011 - 01:08 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users