Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New desktop, HDMI to TV, no signal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boxiom

boxiom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

I literally just unpacked a new Lenovo desktop that came in the mail today. It has an HDMI on the back so I know it supports it. I'm plugging it into the hdmi port on my Vizio HDMI tv.

I used to do this with my laptop and my tv picked it up fine.

Since my desktop is new, im sure I have to run through settings and **** before I can change how I want to view my display. So basically im getting a "no signal" on my tv while my PC is on plugged into the TV. My pc is running lights lit up and keyboard lights on so I know its functioning too.

Is there a hot key on the keyboard I can press to change the output display to HDMI or something along those lines? Or is there anything I can do other then get a monitor with vga?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Simple question, but I have to ask... Is your TV set to pick up the right input (HDMI from the PC)?

#3 boxiom

boxiom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I put the input source on HDMI 1 where it was plugged in. Like I said ive done it with my laptop so the tv is fine im pretty sure

#4 mb9023

mb9023

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Is this using an onboard video adapter or separate graphics card to go to a regular monitor? Either way you're going to need to download the latest graphics drivers for your machine and go through your display settings on the PC (Windows 7? Rightclick desktop > Screen resolution).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users