Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 1210xi All In One Will not scan in pdf in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daveplaysbass

daveplaysbass

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

On my old machine with XP, I ran the HP specific drivers without issue and these drivers could scan directly to multipage pdfs. On the new computer with Windows 7, the generic HP PSC 1200 driver that is part of Windows 7 will not scan to pdf. It does the bmp, jpg, tiff, and png. And not multi page. Any way to get back the pdf capability without having to buy acrobat? I legally had the ability before the "upgrade".

Should I uninstall the windows 7 drivers and try to install the old HP XP drivers via what I hear is the XP compatability mode? I have not ventured into the XP compatability mode and don't know the nuts and bolts and limitations of it.

Thanks,

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

I suggest that you download and install the appropriate Windows 7 drivers from HP.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=240979&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=90763&taskId=135
Some troubleshooting options from HP:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=90763&prodTypeId=18972

#3 daveplaysbass

daveplaysbass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have been down that road multiple times. The printer is older and HP did not update their software for it for Windows 7. When going thru the HP links, one ends up with the Microsoft Windows 7 driver for the printer that does not have the pdf option.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

what version of win7 are you using

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users