Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible trojan/keylogger infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RalphIMM

RalphIMM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

For reference, this is the link to where i downloaded the file:
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?z6hw3manc2iawhu

Here's my problem, a friend sent me a link to a "flash game" he made, asking me to help him test it and review it for him.
However, it seems to be something else for when i opened it, instead of a game loading screen, a black box appears, momentarily, and
it closes. Then nothing else happens.

I've tried scanning the file with AVG and Ad-Aware, but neither detect any threats, so i just left it at that.
Now, however, when i boot up my pc, a similar black box appears on the start up, also just for a moment. It's heading is:
C:\Java\JavaUpdate\Services.exe

My pc never did that before, so i figured it'd be ok to delete the file. Next pc startup, the same black box still appears.
So for now, i'm pretty skeptical

If someone could give me insight to this file, i'd be really grateful
Thanks =)

Edited by Blade Zephon, 03 March 2011 - 08:43 PM.
Disabled link ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users