Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iza

Iza

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

I've been having a problem of sound lately. I don't know if it's related to my sound card but what i realized is that even if i change my speaker or plug headphones instead, i can't hear anything. Also, I've realized that my computer doesn't have the volume function anymore.

Let me explain: usually, there were a little icon in the right corner where i could ajust the sound volume. I don't have it anymore and when i look under Configuration Panel (sorry for a wicked translation but my pc is in french..) well it says that's it not install. I don't know if it's my sound card that has a bug... in fact i've been looking forward to buy new speakers (maybe if they come with an installation CD, all will be alright :thumbsup: )

so thanks a lot for your help,
and by the way, merry early christmas :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

Hello

That sounds like the Sound-Card driver is not installed or has been uninstalled. Find out the Manufacture (And Model) of your sound card, and download the driver off the manufacturers website. Try to google the sound card manuafcturer if you dont know the website. Hope you solve the problem!

:thumbsup:
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

#3 Iza

Iza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

and how can i find out what manufacturer is my sound card coming from???

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

You can download Everest Home and it should tell you about most of your hardware/software.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Iza

Iza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

yay! now that i've found out what's the model of my sound card.... hum... i didn't know that i was that bad with a computer... but every driver i try to load (on www.driveguide.com) always give me a .SYS file or .dll file.. but i don't know how to open those. I've load plenty of them and it seems like it's always the same files that doesn't work :thumbsup:

by the way: this is the model of my sound card:

Avance Logic ALS4000 Audio Device

and i use Windows XP

Edited by Iza, 19 December 2005 - 08:06 PM.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

Apparently the company nolonger makes audio card or supports them. They recommend this site.. [url="http://www.drivershq.com/default.asp?af=bonfire&bn=5#content""]Drivers[/url].

The Avance web site.

You don't open those files. You should be able to sit them in a folder and point to them from "Have Disk" when you manually install the device. Windows will put them were they need to go.

Edited by acklan, 19 December 2005 - 08:35 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users