Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An old New Guys Hello!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mike0921

mike0921

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hello everyone!
I originally joined this site last year, but due to health issues got sidetracked.... I seem to be back up an running though at 60 I feel more like a miricle of modern science! Am looking forward to getting involved both as a helpee and helper... Spent 35 years mostly consulting in a variety of business areas, accounting, real estate development marketing and even have an Associates Degree in CIM from 1982 ( I might have said 1984 earlier, and if anyone can figure out the CIM correctly without hitting my profile first I will probably know how old you are too! Hint, the CIM degree is for all intents and purposes pretty but not quite totally useless now...
I own an HP Pavillion 6815 running Vista 32 bit which is extremely not working... and have been working 3 weeks on it (had an online tech service for awhile, but they turned out to help me less than what I could do...). Problems started in December last year. Am giving up on it, I think it is something buried so deep and caught up in my backup files that it looks like I will be individually scanning 20GB of files before I reload them.
I also own a brand new after Xmas sale HP G62 running Windows 7, and just want to get to know it better. Think I'm going to put free versions of anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware on it. After the fiasco with my other one from what I've read, the pay for packages aren't any better if I do it right...
So, Hi, thanks in advance, am looking forward to what I can learn and share. I welcome any and all comments, questions or thoughts,
mike0921
from the hills of WV and the spaces in my Mind...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 mike0921

mike0921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks Budapest,
Already, I have discovered options here I didn't know I had by using the New User Guide and Tutorials. Jeez, I feel like I just wasted 2 months with **** tech services, and the other forums I have visited. This site is great! I don't know where to post how great it is finding this resource! And, well, the 2 months weren't wasted, I know much now that I didn't thanks to all the research I did, though none of it "cured" the issue...
I'm off to use the tutorials and info I just found here on my Vista machine. And to sign off the other forums.... :busy:

Edited by mike0921, 22 February 2011 - 04:36 PM.

mike0921
from the hills of WV and the spaces in my Mind...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users