Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scmt16.exe, Ysz5ol38.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carlito

carlito

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

My firewall asks me if i want to allow them connect to the internet. I can't find any information what's that. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,833 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

Carlito,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I don't know exactly what the executable files are exactly, but they are not good. Especially the Scmt16.exe.

Please go to this link, and follow all the instructions to post a HJT log. Once you've posted it, someone from the HJT team will assist you in identifying your problem.

Be (Unidentified .exe) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 19 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

Scmt16.exe has been identified by Ewido as Downloader.PassAlert.d and by McAfee as StartPage-IC. I have seen it in several logs infected by smitfraud.

Ysz5ol38.exe is most likely a Trojan.

Animal is right on target so follow the instructins provided to get assistance with removing.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 carlito

carlito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM