Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pahoa

pahoa

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hi all, My wife brought a Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7101 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop home and I am wondering what you think of the system and will it run Bose external desktop speakers? All I know about the speakers is they are 5.1 whatever that means, and she used them with her HP M 8200N vista pc. I can't find any specks on the sound system for the Toshiba laptop. Other programs she specify runs are the new version of Photo shop, Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X 3 ultimate and Painter 11. She uses a 500GB external HD but she stores a lot of pic's on the unit HD too!! Some time she will have two programs going at once, and she plays a lot of music also. She is not a gamer at all, and is on the net very seldom. Se works at a retail one stop shopping center and got a very good deal on the laptop about $500.00 The problem I see it that I don't think it has the power and ram to do the job she would like it to do I believe it has 500 GB of HD 5400 RPM Serial ATA hard disk drive and 4 GB DDR 3 of Ram expandable to 8 GB. and a ADM Athlon ll Dual core processor P340 2.2 GHz 1 MB cache.. My Question, will it run the external speakers and have enough processor speed to do the programs she likes in so so time?? Sorry about the rambling.. Sincerely island boy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

The programs would run using those specs. Your gonna hve to buythis adapter but you still won't get the true 5.1 sound.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 pahoa

pahoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thanks Killerx525, I didn't think it would have the right system to power the Bose system, I wanted my wife to get a desktop but you know women, they get what they want whether it is the right one or not.. Maybe I can convince her to get the system I suggested now..(she already has 3 working laptops) It was good chatting again Killer... Thanks so much for the info... islandboytoo..

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

What desktop do you plan to give her?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 pahoa

pahoa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

I am not sure yet, I thought I had one picked out but the deal included a bottom of the line screen, and I have enough junk around here as it is.. I kinda want to go with a HP Win 7 Home P with Intel i5 and 6 G's of ram, since she doesn't do gaming, but one never knows what she is going to come up with in the graphics and design dept, and as I get more proficient at working on pc's I want it to be expandable.. I would love to do a build it myself but I have a bit to learn yet working on the old HP desk T vista as a learning project. At this very moment I am not sure which way I am going to go. I don't want to spend any more than I have to but I don't want to go backwards either, know what I mean!!!!! Thanks for the come back killer....islandboy..

#6 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

5.1 means there are 4 corner speakers, a subwoofer and a center channel speaker. "True" 5.1 sound means the system can output distinct sound to each of those speakers. The laptop can certainly "power" the Bose system, that really isn't an issue. Even though it may not deliver "true" 5.1 sound, I'm sure it can provide very good sound regardless.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users