Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

howdy!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lflf

lflf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

I hail from the mountains of Utah, where I live in a cabin surrounded by 6 feet of snow. I work at a solitary job as a woodworker so my computer and internet gets me out. I am not too technically proficient with computers, though I wish I was. I did have a summer high school job at $1.25 an hour running an IBM card sorter one summer back in 1968 or thereabouts, with an IBM 360 as the big machine in the office. That was when IBM gave you little plastic placards with THINK printed on them to remind you to do that, which you sat on the computer. Mad magazine did a take-off on that, spelling THIMK instead of think. Anyone remember those little plastic placards? I'll bet they're collectors items now. Anyway, off to the malware forums . .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Yup, I not only remember but I have one of those "Think" signs in a box somewhere (worked for IBM for 20 years). You can find them for sale on Ebay.

Edited by strolln, 21 February 2011 - 11:55 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users