Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash problem with XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhinch

jhinch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

i'm using Windows XP

A few weeks ago I got a virus - one of the typical fake virus protection software deals - and, with Bleeping Computer's help was able to wipe it off my system. However, since then I've been unable to load anything that requires adobe flash with IE8.

Adobe fine with Chrome and Firefox. So, why do I even care? The software that enables me to work from home sometimes isn't compatible with Firefox or Chrome.

I'm stumped. I've tried reloading IE8 as well as Adobe programs.

An example of my problem is if I load youtube the screen where the video should be says I "need to upgrade my adobe flash player to watch this video"

My work software is a web based mortgage program. I enter my login, then a pop up should appear with the program. Now the pop up appears, but it is completely blank. Unfortunately that company's tech support tells me I'm on my own..

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

Try to uninstall Flash, using this tool: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

In IE make sure the Flash Player add-on is enabled. Flash Player is installed as an Internet Ex-PLODE-r add-on.

1. In IE: Tools > Manage Add-ons....
2. Select Shockwave Flash Object in the list of add-ons.
(If you don't see Shockwave Flash Object in the list, Flash Player is not installed for Internet Ex-PLODE-r.)
3. If the status is Enabled, then the Flash Player add-on is enabled. Close the dialog box.
4. If the status is Disabled, select the Enable. Close the dialog box.

Troubleshoot Flash Player installation-- Windows http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_VerifyIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users