Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hmmmm

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 river58

river58

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

does anybody know why my computer mouse went spiky then my computer shutdown? i dont know what happened and i would like some help i use a windows 7 pc.i use firefox as a browser (if that helps) i was on facebook then the mouse turned spiky then it shutdown.please help

Edited by river58, 21 February 2011 - 07:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

please help i dont know why :huh:

#3 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

please i need help

#4 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

:o i dont know why that happened so please help

#5 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

anybody know why it did that? PLEASE REPLY!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

I don't know either. I have no idea what you mean by 'went all spikey'. What programs or applications were open at the time The information you're providing gives zero information to work with and very likely why you haven't gotten a response. Give us as much detail about eh make and model of computer and as much detail about any error messages you might have seen and what you were doing at the time the issue happened.

Help us help you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

does anybody know why my computer mouse went spiky then my computer shutdown? i dont know what happened and i would like some help i use a windows 7 pc.i use firefox as a browser (if that helps) i was on facebook then the mouse turned spiky then it shutdown.please help my computer mouse turned into a line with spikes

Edited by river58, 21 February 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#8 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

OK..........can you show what spiky looks like?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#9 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

the spiky computer mouse looked like this: |>
|>
|>
| but with no spaces between the parts

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Wow you're annoying. You give your thread a subject title of "hmmmmm", you post zero information, you bump four times in 15 minutes (this is a forum, not a chat room by the way) - and then when the admin tells you what we need to help you repeat your original post with no additional information. I know this isn't my forum, but if it was I would be anywhere near as polite as the others in this thread have been.

Please read the post by Animal again and give the info he requested. Also, what is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?Thank you.

Edited by Allan, 23 February 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#11 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

i did give the info i have a windows 7 hp intel pc i was on facebook at the time.then the computer mouse changed from an arrow to a line of spikes like this
|>
|>
|>
|
with no spaces between the parts
and nothings different i think. there were no error messages. if there was error messages facebook was covering it. it is not a virus because it hasnt done it again

Edited by river58, 23 February 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

Are you sure it was the mouse that caused it? What led you to conclude it was the mouse?

Is your mouse wired or wireless?

#13 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

So it happened one time and hasn't happened again? If that's the case I certainly wouldn't worry about it.

#14 river58

river58
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

i dont think the mouse is what caused it i dont know what caused it i just want to know how to prevent it and why it did that

and my mouse is wireless

Edited by river58, 23 February 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#15 josh_the_techie

josh_the_techie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm not completely sure either. Are you sure that the cursor didn't change to the "text select pointer", the middle one in the photo?
Posted Image
Or was it this one?
Posted Image

If you could give us more information, or maybe even a picture of the cursor, that would be extremely helpful.
As others have said, if it only happened one time, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Here is a link that gives information on all mouse pointers for Windows Vista and Windows 7 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb545459.aspx

Josh_the_Techie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users