Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using a Laptop as a Network Bridge for PS3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beebles

beebles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone!
So I live in a dorm and the college network has WPA2-enterprise secured wireless, which is incompatible with the PS3. Unfortunately, all ethernet ports have long since been deactivated in the dorms. I have been using my laptop (running Windows 7) as a bridge without a router (instead of sharing the connection, which hopefully is the right terminology). I just have an ethernet cable between the PS3 and the laptop and it's always worked just fine, although it has always given me a NAT 3 connection - undesirable and prevents playstation network from working ideally. It hasn't affected my ability to communicate with other players until I started playing LittleBigPlanet2, and I'd just like to play with my friends again.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get NAT 2, which they told me will allow me to play with them again, without a router or another living situation and network entirely, but I thought I would ask here just in case. I haven't found any information online about this specific issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Did you setup Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to share the connection with your playstation?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users