Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OUTLOOK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SGIM43

SGIM43

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hi I cannot seem to get my OUTLOOK to open to my defauly account when using the quick launch email key on my new HP computer. I've been trying to set this computer up for DAYS now.

Initially OUTLOOK for some reason set up unlike it ever has for me before, using an IMAP format rather than a POP and giving me other difficulties. Currently I've got it 95% to how I want it to function accept for this last thing. So after I change the setup from an IMAP to a POP the email launch button keeps opening up the Inbox for the previously set up IMAP account version, although this version doesnt even exist anymore because I've removed it and its data files! So when I hit the button I get this screen on the pic I am posting (A seperate issue is also noted on this image which I will be posting in a seperate topic). I would like it to open up to the correct Inbox, otherwise theres no point to using the quick launch button. I've tried uninstalling reistalling OUTLOOK twice, including manually searching for any remaining files. Eventhough I have done this when I reinstall OUTLOOK it still keeps the setup as if its pulling it from some hidden files somewhere which didnt uninstall or which could be found from a manual search. Ughhh

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

Try changing it to email account

Attached Files