Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Burning Issue.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Just Mercury

Just Mercury

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Having edited a group of holiday videos together and placed Menu and Chapter search capabilities into a project.
The project will not now burn to disk in a readable format, any suggestions as to how to proceed gratefully accepted.
Thanks,
Just Mercury. :crazy:

Edited by Just Mercury, 22 February 2011 - 06:43 AM.

when i grow up i want to be..................all growed up!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

Your post seems to have falling into the cracks or no one who read it had an answer to provide.
I am not sure whether you have already resolved this issue or not.

I have recently used various forms of video editing software and have been doing VHS video tape to DVD conversions on both dual format machines and through Analog to digital converters on my PC.

I need to ask you what software you used to perform the editing and the finalization of this video?

I am curious what format was the finished video files saved as?

.VOB ?
.MP4 ?
.AVI ?

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

The project will not now burn to disk in a readable format,

The video project needs to be saved as/exported into a readable format, not written to the disc as such.

As MrBruce1959 requested, we would need the details of the software in question and your final requirement (DVD playback, AVI file)?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 Just Mercury

Just Mercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

I am editing digital footage through Adobe Premier Pro CS4.
The footage has been placed into the program as MPEG-2 Video files
In this program i have managed to edit the footage and then export it to the partnered program
Adobe Encore CS4.
Through this program titles and menu's have been added, not altering any of the video footage or changing its format.
The video footage is over one hour long and therefor is more than 4GB and requires the larger 8.5GB dual layer disk's
I have attemped to burn the disk in the usual manner, the error message i now encounter does not give any information as to why the burn will not take place merely appearing as 'Failed to Burn'
Is there a different way to burn using the 8.5GB dual layer disks?
I am not sure if there is anything else to change when using these disks as it is my first time burning to them.

hope these are the details you require.
Any help is greatfully appreciated,

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Is Adobe Encore CS4 the program you are using to burn the disks?

If not, what burner software are you using to burn the DVD?

I realize your original files were MPEG-2, what type of file extension type are the finished video files?

Are they still MPEG-2?

Does your burner drive support the burning of dual layer disks that you know of?

Bruce.

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 Just Mercury

Just Mercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

Hi MrBruce1959,& ReviverSoft

Thanks for the early reply,
Adobe Encore CS4 is the program i'm using to burn the project to disk and the format is still MPEG-2.
What is the best way to find out whether or not my burner will handle dual layer burning?
Would it be possible to set the program to burn the project on a networked computer's DVD Burner even though the second
computer does not have Adobe Encore CS4 installed on it?
Thanks

#7 Just Mercury

Just Mercury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hellllllllllllllllp,
It seems this topics falling through the cracks again. :woot: :woot:
Just Mercury

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have researched your problem as best as I can, although my major problem is I do not have the program to which I can experiment with.

What your problem may be is yes the file structure may be larger than a conventional 4.7 GB DVD can handle and most likely using a shrink program will not offer much in the way of reducing this structure to a size small enough to fit the disk.

Then again, shrinking it will also reduce the video quality quite a bit.

If you wish, you can try a dual layer DVD and see if your drive supports it, or you can research the drive by using a search engine and checking for your drive's support features.

Blue-ray drives are common these days and support up to 15 GB of data.
You may want to invest in one of those blue-ray burners for your computer.

Bruce.

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Is the burner capable of burning to a dual layered disc? I've never used them before, so I don't know if it takes a certain drive, or even a newer drive.

I use encore a lot, and have only had this issue when I've had bad media. A new DVD work fixes that (obviously!).

An option is to export as media, then convert it to something high quality. Granted, you'll lose your menu options, but viewers can scrub through it using Windows Media Player if need be.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users