Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Help Needed ASAP!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mishdog

mishdog

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

Hi, any help here would be GREAT.

I have a work email which I want setting up in my gmail so the emails come through there. I have done this, and I can now send email from my work address via gmail, but it doesnt retrieve any. As a result I have been using squirrelmail but that backfired today when I opened a client email and it vanished saying "Fatal error: Call to a member function getAddr_s() on a non-object in /var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/read_body.php on line 431"

So obviously furious about that. Anyway I have done some trial and error and realised:

- If I send from my personal gmail account to my work account, they come through to my gmail, but they dont if I send emails to my work account from any other address

- I set the account up in my blackberry and this gets emails through fine, implying there is an issue with gmail.

I set the account up as POP3 as couldnt seem to do it as IMAP - is this an issue? Everything seemed simple enough, but it just doesnt fetch any of the emails.

Obviously need this sorting ASAP as I run the risk of squirrelmail deleting more of my email. Stupid thing.

Any help is GINOURMOUSLY APPRECIATED :) :) :)

Thanks

James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

If you are having issues with your work based web email via SquirrellMail then you need to talk to your Work's IT Department, and let them know of the issues you are having.

#3 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

thanks. there is no IT dept tho :(

cheers anyway :)

#4 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

can anyone tell me how to post a screenshot? seems you can only post images that are online..

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

You can load the screenshot after saving it with a photo editing program to http://www.imageshack.us or http://www.photobucket.com, and using the following:

[img]linktoimage.jpg[/img]

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

can anyone tell me how to post a screenshot?

Inserting An Image Within A Post

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

OK - so I set my account up on outlook (2003) and thought all was fine. outgoing server is SMTP and incoming is IMAP.

This error message comes up all the time, really annoying, not sure if it can be part of the problem? Any ideas what it means/how to stop it?

It is literally every couple minutes while outlook is open.

My link

I have tested out the account and come to realise that it can email gmail fine, other email accounts take some time to get there, but then some like Yahoo dont go at a..

Example of the error I get:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxx@yahoomail.com
an SRV record indicated no SMTP service

Any help would be fab :)

Thank you

#8 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

In addition to this (it was already too long I know!), I have just realised that I can send FROM my gmail account using my work email, and it gets delivered fine to yahoo.

This was the extent of what I could get set up in gmail, it lets me send from the account but cant receive.

Not sure if this info is of any use, but just shows that maybe its outlook..

#9 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

bump..

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

Are you sure that you have an IMAP Server at that mail server?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users