Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows AV Software virus gone too far?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 juliakoko

juliakoko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

Hi! My friend has a huge problem with this virus, called Windows AV Software. He tried to remove it by one of many descriptions but failed to delete it, I don't know quite how or why though.
Now we can't even start his computer, well we can't get into his desktop or anything. When we try, Windows AV Software appears and tell us not to shut down the computer and let it scan through everything again. The background is black and the only thing you can see is this typical Windows AV screen.

Has it completely taken over his computer? I have no clue how or even if I can fix it. Does anyone know? Please help !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hi, please try the following:

Start your computer and tap the F8 key. When the Advanced boot options menu comes up, try all 3 different safe modes and let me know if any of them is usable. Try also to log on using the Administrator account instead of the normal user account (you can choose Administrator on the Welcome Screen, or, if that is disabled, just type Administrator, leave the password blank and try to log in like that).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users