Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes for no apparent reason - please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sosippus

sosippus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

Hello!

I have a 4 month old Asus G60Jx and, lately, it started freezing for no apparent reason. It freezes the most when I'm running a few applications together such as google chrome (with lots of tabs)+ powerpoint+winamp+adobe reader. However, it should not be the case of exhausting the memory (this laptop has 8Gb RAM).

Could you please help me out? I need my laptop to work...

My specs are:
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Nvidia Geforce GTS 360M
i7 Q720 1.6GHz
8Gb Ram

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Sounds like possible overheating. Is it being used on a flat hard surface?

Are any of the vents blocked? The vents can be located on the side(s), front, back, bottom of the machine. Can you feel air exiting the vents, ensuring that the cooling fan(s) are running?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users