Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Redex18

Redex18

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

I bought this computer from someone for my mother to use and they claimed it was free of all issues and that was the case until just recently. I've witnessed it acting up and I don't know whether its a short with some wires or somethings infected here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mb9023

mb9023

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

If your computer is turning itself on, from a state of being completely turned off, there is something physically wrong with the power supply or the motherboard. You might want to test the power supply and if it checks out, then you've got a motherboard to replace.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

Restart your computer and press F8, this will take you to the Advanced Boot Options. Click on F8, select disable automatic restart on system failure. The next time the computer has this problem a blue screen with an error will appear.

Please download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users