Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN32:WINPATCH infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 aleksdshooter

aleksdshooter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hi guys, i just got infected by this. (sorry i cant locate ny similar situation as i am)

when i turn on my laptop it goes totally black, just the cursor (like anybody else's problem) but i cant open it on safe mode. the best thing i can do is open Windows 7 Recovery Environment Command Prompt. i am using Windows 7.

i want to do the Combofix thing, but i just cant open it on safe mode so i can install the combofix.

can you guys help or maybe redirect me to any similar post?

Edited by Blade Zephon, 21 February 2011 - 02:11 AM.
Moved to log forum at helper request. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello, I will ask someone skilled in this to look. Do NOT run ComboFix it can make it worse.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

Hi aleksdshooter,

I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more. Thank you.

Please tell me if you have x86 bit or a x64 bit Windows?

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users