Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If this happens shoul i worry?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

Maybe we have the same ip address. i use a dlink dir_655 i recently bought. Every now in then we get a connection reset. That happened to my previous router and thought buying a new one would stop it but didn't do it, but the internet speed is a lot faster. It is a wireless, but i chose to have a secure network. My friend keeps getting booted because i am trying to get his computer updated and it keeps kicking him off. I setup a pin so that no one cannot get online without entering the pin. I keep getting ip address conflict. Maybe because i went on his computer and signed in as admin? My friend kept saying someone hacked your router. I find that ridiculous. When i tried to logon it says 'please put the correct username' i always logon as this username and put my password. It recognizes the old user, but when i go to control panel, it shows the admin i renamed my computer as. SHould i stop using the old username. no matter if i use the old and new it still logs in with the password i setup? could there be something wrong with my computer? I also was told by my younger brother that something to do with opening and closing the door constantly d/c upstairs. Not sure about downstairs. We are using ethernet plugs because i haven't figured out how to do it. I connect to my router (but its connected) it but there's no internet. I setup the router as ppvoe or something. So is this normal that's this is happening? also i would like help setting my computer to go wireless. it has a wireless chip already. I use this laptop in wifi areas but do not know how to connect to my private network.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 19 February 2011 - 10:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

I'm a bit confused by your post.

First you say a "wireless conflicting with my router". - No, unless it's really close(or very powerful) and/or several networks are around you then you won't notice a difference if the neighbor puts in their own router.

Then you mention an IP address conflict. These shouldn't happen unless you're entering a static IP on the computers. If they are happening without a static IP being entered, then you simply need to restart the computers (or run the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands).

Do you mean password to connect to the network or the admin page? Many routers will only allow 1 user to login to the router at a time. That may be what you're getting there.

We are using ethernet plugs because i haven't figured out how to do it.

How to do what? You state above that it only happens "every now and then"

I setup the router as ppvoe or something. So is this normal that's this is happening

Normally you want to use "Dynamic" or "DHCP" whatever your router calls it. If your ISP told you to enter static information or PPPoE information, then use that.

it has a wireless chip already. I use this laptop in wifi areas but do not know how to connect to my private network.

Is this just one computer that won't connect at all to the WiFi network? Try disabling security on the wireless network temporary to see if it's just a problem with the security on the router.

Edited by NpaMA, 20 February 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

Srry lost acess to that account c.c . None of the computers that support wireless cannot connect wireless so the 2 of our computers that support it have been using ethernet cords instead. I tried to connect my laptop- it was connected to the router, but there was no internet. I have a Dir_655 router. When i was trying to connect my friend's computer to my router, for some reason i couldn't even logon to my own desktop on my laptop computer. I was wondering what could of caused that. Could it be an infection? I had to shutdown the computer to login. I caught my friend lookin at somethin naughty- i just hope he wasn't using my computer when i was asleep x.x. I just wondering if i should be worried about that-not being able to logon my desktop?

I tried so many times trying to connect wireless, using the wireless setup it provides since its a dlink. The main reason i chose a secure connection because i do not want other ppl connecting to our router. In the past i was able to connect wireless when i go to Starbucks and bookstores. I don't see why it has something to do with security because I visited my relatives and connected to their router that's secure. Maybe I am setting it up wrong? Do i have to make a private dchp server or something? whatever that is. Every time i try connect wireless, it messes with the connection and then i have trouble putting the internet back up.

My friend's computer was connected to one ethernet port and my mom on the other. How are they booting each other out? I was able to get him on the internet, but if it happens again- what can i do to prevent that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users