Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LCD Monitor has a green tint to the entire screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 REIDS

REIDS

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I came home to my computer screen having a green tint over the entire monitor. My wife says that she has not messed with any settings. I was wondering if this means that my monitor is towards the end of its life? I bought it new in 2008. It is an LG Flatron Wide 19" monitor (Serial #801NDYGHE954, Model #L206WTQS). I have tried to mess with the settings buttons on the monitor but nothing seems to get rid of the "tint". I have restarted the computer and nothing changes. I have manually turned the screen on and off and still no change. Is there any setting on Windows XP Professional (32 bit) that I should try to mess with to get the screen color back? Let me know if there is a component fix or maybe a setting fix I can try before I decide that I have to purchase a new monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 REIDS

REIDS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Wow, I actually pulled my computer out from under my desk and pushed it back in (I must have jiggled the cable on accident). Now my screen does not have any tint over the screen. Sorry for the inconvenience if anyone took time to try and diagnose this problem. I think I can figure it out from here. I will write back if I can't figure out what happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users