Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Keyboard & Wireless Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grasomar

Grasomar

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm using my laptop...today while I was using my computer just all of a sudden my mouse quit working...it seemed to lock up. The receiver has 3 lights on it...there are 3 letters...from left to right they are A, 1, F, the 1 and F are lit up but not the A. We have tried to reconnect by clicking the button on the receiver and the little one on the mouse and the 3 lights all come on and flash but then A goes out and 1 and F stay on. Of course the 1st thing we did was change the battery in the mouse. We checked online and it looks like the only light on the receiver that should remain on is the 1 but I don't know for sure. The diagrams on the back of the keyboard and the mouse are both impossible to decipher. Any help would me appreciated. Tomorrow is my turn to post the tutorial in one of my groups and of course I have it on my computer which I can't get to without that mouse working!! Why do these things always happen when the computer shops are closed???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mb9023

mb9023

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:10 AM

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for them. What Operating System are you running?

#3 Grasomar

Grasomar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

Thank you for replying. My husband got it to working finally. I am so computer dumb...do you mean by OS...Windows XP?? We had the computer custom built and I've always had good luck with XP and heard others doing PSP and AS having difficulties with vista and windows 7 so I've just stayed with XP. That's what I have. He got the mouse to working...then the keyboard wouldn't work. Finally, both are working but twice a message pops ups saying the signal between the receiver and mouse is weak. As I'm typing this a message popped up saying the signal for the keyboard is weak. I may have to call the computer tech tomorrow. Thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

Have you changed the location of the tower, or where you sit when using the mouse and keyboard?

Have any new electrical devices been brought into the area of the PC, mouse, keyboard?

One other thought. Are you using a quality battery. A long life alkaline battery for instance. Wireless devices can quickly drain many generic battery's.

#5 mb9023

mb9023

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Finally, both are working but twice a message pops ups saying the signal between the receiver and mouse is weak. As I'm typing this a message popped up saying the signal for the keyboard is weak. I may have to call the computer tech tomorrow. Thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

Make sure the receiver is in an open area from your computer. If you have front-side USB ports, I would plug it into that. Or if you have an extended cable to plug it into that's even better. The farther away/more enclosed the receiver is from the mouse/keyboard, the worse the response they'll have.

#6 Grasomar

Grasomar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yes....we have a good battery in both. The receiver is right here on the desk beside the keyboard. I'm not getting that message today. Instead...I get a message when I tried to use the printer...it said "printer is not online" so I turned the printer off...THEN...it printed!!! I'll never understand computers! Thanks for the suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users