Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install itunes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 helen24

helen24

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

Any ideas how to fix this?

Trying to install itunes but it comes up with an error message
Following the advice on the itunes site it says to delete the temp folder ( c:, Users, username, AppData, Local, delete temp folder)
But when I try to do this it won't delete as it says it is open in aother program even when I have nothing else open.

Am not at all techical so any ideas please?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

What operating system are you installing this on? Also what is the exact error message?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hi Helen,

I also experienced that one but later on I was able to installed it. You will not be able to delete it by merely right clicking on the folder and then select Delete. Please try this one: First try to uninstall first the program in a proper way.

XP
Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click ADD/Remove Programs and uninstall the itune program.

Vista/ Win7

Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click Programs then under Programs Feature click Uninstall Program and look for the itune program then uninstall it.

As soon as the program is uninstalled, make sure to double check the iTunes installer that you downloaded first. Make sure that the one that you have downloaded is compatible to your Operating system.(XP, Vista 32/64, Win7, Mac). You will be given an option on what to download when you visit the iTune website or from Mac website.

Locate the iTune program and then double click to Run/Install

If you still got the error message, please kindly give us the message so that I can check that for you and for others to check also.

corneto_20

Edited by corneto_20, 17 April 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#4 helen24

helen24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the replies, but still having problems. It gets to the Publishing Product Information section of installation then seems to freeze and after a while I get this error message.

I'm Running Vista Basic.

This is the error message.
An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT.version="8.0.50727.4053",type="win32",publicKey Token="1fc 8b 3b 9a 1e 3b", process or Architecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT : 0x800736FD

Thanks.

#5 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Have you run through all four of the troubleshooting steps in Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows

With a failed install of iTunes you might have some corrupt iTunes components that should be removed before attempting to install again. You can verify whether or not you have any iTunes components on your Vista computer as detailed in Apple's KB Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

Is your Vista completely up-to-date with Microsoft Vista Windows updates? If not, make sure you update before trying to install iTunes again. Any failed Windows Updates? Retry the updates.
To View Vista Microsoft Windows Update History to show success or failure:
Click Start
Click Program and Features
Click View Installed Updates

#6 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:16 AM

To View Vista Microsoft Windows Update History to show success or failure: