Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP G60-235DX sat on by child

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackmagic08

blackmagic08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hi, first post here.

I have an HP G60-235DX notebook that I purchased 2 summers ago, brand new. I have had no issues at all with this computer. Yesteday, I had closed the lid and put the computer down on a chair in my living room so I could go to the bathroom. When I came back my stepson was sitting on top of my closed computer. He is 3 and weighs about 40lb. I got him off and put my computer in the closet to protect it for the time being. When I went to use it later I found it unrosponsive. When I restarted it, anytime I touched the bottom of the computer the screen would show a blue, barcode like pattern and it would shut down. Today, I still have the issue which comes and goes. 3 times I tried to watch a video and a few seconds into it the sound freezes into that machine-gun, skipping cd thing and the display goes back to the blue barcode problem, then the computer shuts down.

His mother, my fiance, thinks that he did no damage of course since the screen is not broken. I explained that with the lid closed it would be less likely for the screen to flex and break, but she insists that her child could not have damamged it. What other conclusion could be drawn? I never have a problem at all with this computer, child crawls and sits on it, now I have problems...

Any help or advice out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi, first post here.

I never have a problem at all with this computer, child crawls and sits on it, now I have problems...

Any help or advice out there?

adice '
take it to computer shop and have them look for possible sit on damage ,we would only be guessing as to damage he caused ,something cracked insid i would guess

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users