Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install .NET framework

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OneRing2Rule

OneRing2Rule

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

Hi, all. Looooooong time lurker.

Okay, I have a desktop with XP SP3. It has lots of BSODs. IRQ, Memory management, bad pool caller, etc. I was installing a ATI driver to rule out the driver and it said that I needed NET Framework 2.0 to run the program. Finally, I ran memtest and figured out that I had a bad stick of RAM. It's out of the computer now.

So, I can't install .net Framework at all. 1.1, 2, 3, 3 sp1, or 4. I have deleted them manually (although mscoree.dll wasn't there) by doing the long MS solution that is out on the web. I also found and ran the net framework cleanup utility and rebooted.

Here's the message that I get when I try to install 1.1.

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.Vsa.Vb.CodeDOMProcessor,Version="7.0.5000.0"'PublicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a",Culture="neutral",FileVersion="7.10.3052.4'".
Please refer to Help and SUpport for more information. HRESULT:0x80070003

I've googled this and I have not a clue what to do next. Please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Given the history of bsod's I'd love to suggest a clean install, but I know that's very inconvenient for most people. Alternatively, let's try a repair install. Boot to the XP Sp3 CD and choose the SECOND repair option, allowing XP to install on top of itself. After completion you'll need to go to Windows Update and download & install all updates (except for hardware & driver related updates, which should never be downloaded from Windows Update - only from the OEM websites). Here is a clear tutorial on how to perform a repair install: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

This may or may not fix your problem, but it won't hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users