Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Dividing the connection fairly"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

When my wife got a wireless, we had to get a router. Having had various modems in the last 10 years, and all causing problems at one time or another, I decided on a Netgear DGN 1000, since it was one of the few that had a built-in modem. My thinking was that just maybe it would work correctly being built as one unit.
After numerous problems,it works ok. The new wireless is a Sony Vaio, about midway in the model list.She watches a lot of old tv reruns. When she uses the laptop, my online stuff slows to a crawl. Her programs run fine, with very few jerks, or pauses, as the download plays.
Is there a way to give each 50% when both being used ?
Thanks.
My computer:
IE 8
Directx 10.0
Free Physical 1716 MB
Free page 3927 MB
Free virtual 5765 MB
AMD Athlon II x2 260 processor
Max clock speed 3200 Mhhz
Motherboard Foxconn model A74ML 3.0/A74ML-K3.0
Mem total 3071 MB Data width 64 bits
Cache mem #0 2047KB; Cache mem #1 2048 KB
Usage 43%
Phys. Mem. 2 banks
Speed 607 Mhz
Hard disc WDC 320 GB heads 18
I took these figures from various programs that gather such info. and don't know what most of it means.
Help much appreciated.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

I have no idea if this works ... http://www.ehow.com/how_6641388_use-computer-make-internet-faster.html

Or, more links to look through http://www.google.com/webhp?rls=ig#hl=en&rls=ig&site=webhp&&sa=X&ei=u1NgTfTqD4PAsAOD2_C6CA&ved=0CBIQBSgA&q=how+to+give+two+computers+equal+bandwidth+using+one+modem&spell=1&bav=on.1,or.&fp=eebb40ab4c289d6b

Edited by Jacee, 19 February 2011 - 06:47 PM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users