Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files Missing from Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty F

Rusty F

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I have a hard drive that I only use for storage (files, docs, music, & whatever). Today when I accessed it there was only one folder there. According to properties there is about 90 - 100 gigs being used on this drive. This one folder is not using that much space. So, could anyone tell me what happen to all my files and how I can get them back. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dmacf10

Dmacf10

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

I have used Recuva in the past to recover deleted files from flash drives and hard drives. It's a nice freebie utility you can download here

#3 Rusty F

Rusty F
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

OK, thanks I will have to try that when I get back home. Although I don't think they were actually deleted. The drive properties are showing like the files are still there as for as free space available, but they're not showing up.

Edited by Rusty F, 18 February 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

I would take a look in Disk Management...to see how the drive is reflected there.

Files don't disappear, but file systems and hard drives do go bad.

Louis

#5 Rusty F

Rusty F
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thanks I'll look at that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users