Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will My Computer Support This Graphics Card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wemibelec90

wemibelec90

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

I am going to buy a eVGA Geforce FX5200 128-P1-N309-LX graphics card for my computer. Is there a way to know for sure if it will work on my comp or not? I have no clue as how to find my motherboard but my computer is a Compaq Presario S6020WM if that helps.

Also, how do I check how much power that graphics card needs.

Thx in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:56 AM

I believe it will work, but you may loose the use of the onboard video. This is only a problem if you had intended to use both. You will need to install the new card in the PCI slot closest to the processor. This will sometimes disable the onboard video. Since this computer does not have an upgradable AGP slot I believe this is a good choice for upgrade. I have done several upgrade like this with Dell computers.

Good luck and Mery Christmas.

nVidia PCI

Compaq Presario S6020WM
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

Thx a lot and Merry Christmas to you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users