Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CleanSweep and winsd Disrupting Broadband

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 havoc123

havoc123

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

I had two infections on my computer. One was CleanSweep.exe which I noticed as a new folder I had never seen before a few days ago. I updated MBAM and scanned the folder. Sure enough, it was caught as a Trojan Horse. I removed it and did a Quick Scan with MBAM this time. This scan caught winsd.exe which MBAM called a "Backdoor.IRCBot". I removed these objects as well.

The reason why I was looking for malware was because my wired broadband connection stopped working. I tried all the usual stuff like repairing the connection, resetting the modem, restarting the computer, etc. Nothing worked.

I am writing this thread on the computer that is infected. The wireless connection does work but the wired does not. I have scanned the computer several times with MBAM and no new infections found.

My question is, "Can I repair the broadband settings so my connection works or do I need to submit a thread in the Malware Removal Forum?"

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My system is a Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit OS. My hardware is a Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop. The wired network adapter is a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller.

Edited by havoc123, 18 February 2011 - 03:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users