Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Time Machine total uninstall not total at all

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tastybpanic

tastybpanic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

I unstalled Comodo Time Machine after I realized I had made a mistake in setting it up, and then when I tried to re-install it (there was no option to go back and rectify my mistake), it told me the software was "already installed on my computer" and would not re-install.
I used Revo Uninstaller to remove the program, then CCcleaner to tidy up, and also went thorough my registry with CCleaner and manually checking for breadcrumbs and stuff CCleaner tends to miss.

BTW, specs:
I am running XP Professional Edition, service pack 3.
I use Rising Anti-Virus (never had a problem).
I've also tried Glary Utilities (desperate) to no avail.

CTM still thinks it is installed on my computer. I am sure there are little lurking elements somewhere where I can't find them with my limited skills. When I startup, there is a CTM splash screen detailing how it is "creating a restore point," although no other related files to this can be found, as far as my digging has shown me. Additionally, I have tried re-downloading the program and reinstalling, to no avail. Still tells me the program is already installed.

I would like to get rid of the splash screen, and remove all remaining parts of the program. This make be as simply as deleting the logo file from my system, but since I like to run a clean machine I want to make sure to scrub the rest of the traces, if there are any. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

http://www.comodo.com/support/user-guides/Comodo_Time_Machine_User_Guide.pdf

http://help.comodo.com/topic-82-1-157-1282-Uninstalling-Comodo-Time-Machine.html

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

Try the instructions in the link below.

Uninstall| Comodo Time Machine, a Free Windows Restore and Recovery Software

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users