Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand new computer not working, help??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 musclegiant

musclegiant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forums. My question is I just bought a brand new gaming pc, the Acer Predator. Out of the box the thing will NOT turn on. No fans, no lights, not a thing. Acer told me to send it back and wait 2-3 weeks but I think something might of been unplugged during the transit to my house from UPS. If it was a faulty component wouldn't the thing at least flicker, turn on and off real quick, or make some kind of noise? What do others think? Send it back or have a friend check it out? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

I think you should send it back but before you do, make sure there isn't another power switch at the back of the case on the power-supply next to the AC input that hasn't been turned on yet. Opening the case might void your warranty.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

As I just suggested to you on the other forum, Return It.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users