Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Totally freaking hacked, please advise

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Callmemum

Callmemum

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:22 AM

Please advise, I am getting desperate. I have 3 laptop PCs on a home network, they're all only a month old, running windows 7 starter and home premium. Anti virus pgms say clean, though the settings change from my original. I'm locked out of dozens of files, which antivirus can't access (have run AVG, malwarebytes, MS malicious remover, Kaspersky) web pages re-direct, I can't get to MS update at all. Adapter settings change, network changes, all the miniport's re open, remote desktop has been used, etc etc. System restore doesn't work, on re-boot my old 'roaming' profile and other files, and browser settings re-load. AVG firewall settings change constantly, then I get locked out, I believe by administrator policies. I've attached a current hijack file. Any assistance at all is greatly appreciated!Attached File  hijackthis2.17-11.18pm.log   8.49KB   2 downloads I hope I attached this correctly, please advise if I need to correct. Thanks in advance, :)

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 February 2011 - 10:57 AM.
Moved to log forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Also please include the results of The following scans also:
Please download MBRCheck to your desktop.

1. Double click MBRCheck.exe to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).
2. It will open a black window, please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).
3. Exit that window and it will produce a log (MBRCheck_date_time).
4. Please post that log when you reply.

Download Bootkit Remover to your desktop

1. Extract the file to your desktop.
2. Double click Remover.exe to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).
3. It will show a Black screen with some data on it.
4. Right click on the screen and choose [/b]Select All[/b].
5. Press Control+C (to copy the data).
6. Open a notepad, Click on Edit tab > paste.
7. Exit the Remover.exe window.
8. Please post the contents of the notepad when you reply.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 Callmemum

Callmemum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Attached File  DDS.txt   10.97KB   1 downloads

This is the DDS log, I apologize, I have been unable to even get the computer onto the internet, and then it wouldn't allow downloads or running any programs,I used the hijack logs to disable several processes and programs to get me to be able to do the scans needed, so the old hijack list is no longer current, but todays scans are all up to date. Thanks so much for your help, I will post each log in a new post, hope I'm doing this all ok :)Attached File  DDS.txt   10.97KB   1 downloads

#4 Callmemum

Callmemum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

MBRCheck, version 1.2.3
© 2010, AD

Command-line:
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
Windows Information: (build 7600), 64-bit
Base Board Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
BIOS Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Product Name: HP G42 Notebook PC
Logical Drives Mask: 0x0000001c

\\.\C: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0 at offset 0x00000000`0c800000 (NTFS)
\\.\D: --> \\.\PhysicalDrive0 at offset 0x00000046`34700000

Size Device Name MBR Status
--------------------------------------------
298 GB \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Unknown MBR code
SHA1: 55D67D14C8AEF4B76AE0E92836744D5833E2326C

Found non-standard or infected MBR.
Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit: Y

Options:
[1] Dump the MBR of a physical disk to file.
[2] Restore the MBR of a physical disk with a standard boot code.
[3] Exit.

#5 Callmemum

Callmemum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Here is the MBR log, I pasted it above before realizing it created a notepad form. I'm not able to open the boot kit remover, as apparently my OS is totally thrashed, I'm unable to update windows, I will wait to see if any specific advice, otherwise, I'll do a restore to at least get back to a point where I had a partitioned drive, hopefully I can get back to that, and then start over again from there? Thanks!Attached File  MBRCheck_02.20.11_12.47.11.txt   11.18KB   0 downloads

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hello,

It is my understanding that you have 3 different Computer all hooked up to the same network. If this is the case we will need to take each one at a time and clean them. Hooking one clean back into the system could reinfect it.
So as we clean one we will need to have it taken off the Network and remain off the network until we have all 3 cleaned. Only use the Machine on the internet to download any tools that we may have to use.

Saying that we name each its own The will CPU1 CPU2 CPu3 etc. This will let me know which one we are working on.
This one we are working on now will be CPU1.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Once Combofix Completes and gives you a log. Please start your machine with everything running. This will let us know how it is actually running.

Things to include in your next reply::
TDSSKiller log
Combofix.txt
How is the machine running now.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#7 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding :)

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:55 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users