Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Roxio EzCd Creator...=errrrrrr

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fireworkman04

Fireworkman04

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

I've been having problems with stupid roxio. From the get go, few years back I got an external cd burner (iomegaZipcd650). When I loaded it, in the task bar an image that says "safely remove software" came up. Since, I've never been able to get it to go away. It'd work fine everyonce in a while so I was happy from what I could get. Then I found that it could be from a missing patch/update and downloaded that, well after I got that all installed I figured everything would be alright. BUT...then it started saying EzCd creator can't find a supported cd burner when trying to actually burn the cd. So I uninstalled the patch/update and got it running again. Now I've tried installing another patch/update and yet again, the same thing. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG this makes me so mad :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: . But this time I can't seem to find out what's making it do it, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm on XP and it's the basic version of Roxio. I can burn the cd fine from Windows Media Player, it's just that I don't want the 2 second "intermission" if you will, in there. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:25 PM

Do you have the roxio software and iomega software?

If so do this. Uninstall both the roxi and iomega software. Unplug the iomega drive. Right click on my computer, click on properties, click on hardware, click on device manager.

Find the iomega drive listed in there and delete it.

Reboot.

Reinstall iomega software. Attach iomega drive. Make sure windows media player works with it. Then install roxio.

#3 Fireworkman04

Fireworkman04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:05 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, right the iomega software, seems like the cd broke somehow. I think i was able to get a copy of it before it went to death. I'll have to look for it. I know i have the roxio software.

#4 Fireworkman04

Fireworkman04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:49 PM

Alright, I found the iomega cd but it's not the same one. But I still uninstalled everything and when I installed it the same thing still. Now what can I do?

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

I found this technote on iomegas site:

http://www.iomega.com/europe/support/engli...nts/10866e.html

#6 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

Got one of two very easy solutions for you.
Nero or CloneCD :thumbsup:
Roxio sux!

#7 Fireworkman04

Fireworkman04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the help guys! Think I am about to get rid of it, agggggg i hate it so much yet I still have it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users