Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everybody!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poophead :P

Poophead :P

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

Just thought I'd join this site to hopefully learn and be able to keep up with the rapidly expanding world of computers and malware. I'm a retired Teamster carhauler and now drive a tour bus once in a while. I spend most of my time laying around the house when I'm not riding my bike or car (or working on them), banging on my guitar, or piddling around on this computer. I don't consider myself to be any kind of computer go to guy, unless it's something simple like a clean install of xp, running scans or keeping the system up to date. My main OS is Ubuntu, but I keep a copy of xpHome on the second drive (some programs do not have a Linux version yet). I like to read The Register and Slashdot, but I'd rather get lost in a novel (I'm pretty good at that). I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, and I'm starting to think I'm the only one left. Most likely you won't hear from me a whole lot, but I'll try to tune in from time to time...

Edited by Poophead :P, 16 February 2011 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 My3cents

My3cents

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hi, I am new here as well. I have Vista on my laptop but sometimes I miss the good old XP especially some fonts that I don't have on Vista.
I didn't know that you can keep a spare OS on the second drive like you say. Is it one of those external hard drives? I am not a computer geek but am learning something new every day.
:busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users