Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BigD_NC

BigD_NC

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hello, background, I have a laptop with windows 7 installed. When I got the laptop, I had a Dell AIO 924 printer. The drivers for that printer only went up to XP but the materials I read said I could load the XP drivers and be OK. The issue is that every time I sent something to the printer it wouldn't print and the workaround was that I had to stop and then restart the print spool service. I thought that this was just due to the different OS from the drivers.

I recently got a Lexmark wireless printer, I uninstalled the Dell printer and installed the proper Lexmark drivers. I am still having to stop and restart the print spooler service, so now I know that the issue is with my machine.

Any ideas on what I can look into?

Edited by BigD_NC, 16 February 2011 - 08:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

It could very well be an issue with your new Printer. I have a HP OfficeJet 6310 and Windows 7 and it works 100% Flawlessly. I would recommend spending probably a little bit more on a good printer. The Dell Printer you had was probably OEM Model/Version of an HP All In One.

#3 BigD_NC

BigD_NC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

I could understand if it only happened with the one printer. But to have the same exact issue with two different printers is what leads me to believe that it has something to do with windows on that laptop. I also have another laptop running windows 7 and have no issue whatsoever with the printer.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

Are they the same exact versions of Windows 7? There are different versions from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users