Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gusterlover

gusterlover

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

I have a Sony VAIO with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Every time I reboot, a window comes up that says it wants to install a driver for the "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard." It says that I should put in the appropriate CD or find the file that contains that driver. Well, guess what? I don't know what the "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" is, or why it should need to be installed on my PC. I read somewhere that it's probably a gaming application, but one that isn't actually a Microsoft product. It obviously isn't working and so seems unnecessary. The extent of gaming that is played on this PC is Runescape and a few simple kids games like Pajama Sam, all of which are played by my children. I'd like to remove it, if possible. Although it probably isn't be hurting anything, I'm always wary of viruses and don't want it to be the tip of the iceberg.

Could someone please explain its function? How necessary is it? If it is necessary, where do I find the pertinent driver? If it's unneeded, how do I go about deleting it? Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What type of keyboard do you currently have on the system and is it wireless?
I assume that it works correctly.

The next time this pops up see if there is a checkbox that says something to the extent of "dont prompt me to install this again" and check it.
That should make it go away.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 gusterlover

gusterlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

I use the Sony VAIO keyboard that came with the system; it is Model PCVA-KB4P/U. It works fine.

I don't remember ever seeing a "don't prompt me to install this again" type checkbox. If there is one, I expect that I would have checked it long ago. I'm human, however, and prone to occasional mistakes, so I'll be sure to look for it next time that I reboot. Thanks!

#4 gusterlover

gusterlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

No, there isn't a "don't prompt me to install this again" option. Instead, if you press the option to install, it says that it needs the kdb106.dll file, which it says is found on the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD. I have that service pack loaded on my PC, but it was done by a technician last fall after my computer crashed and was rebuilt. I don't have that CD and I can't find that file online for downloading.

What do I try next?

Thanks!

Edited by gusterlover, 22 February 2011 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users