Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost internet connection Virus? Malware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 msmithr99

msmithr99

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

Greetings,

I have lost my internet connection on my Dell D600 lapton running xp. I cannot access the dell wlan wireless software so maybe some virus/malware is blocking this. Restore doesn't fix the problem. When I use selective startup, I get a "a access denied did not allow some changes and the computer continues to start up and function at a minumal level. Please advise of any questions. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

Is this the same computer as your other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic379458.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 msmithr99

msmithr99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

Yes, however the original post was not posted in the correct forum and I didn't follow the advise on how to post. Can the original be deleted?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

It has been moved to the correct forum. There is no need to delete it. It is better if we leave it as is, otherwise you will drop to the end of the queue again. When one of our Malware removal experts gets around to your topic they will instruct you what to do.

Good luck.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users