Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 6A00 Unused Canan ip5200

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mediokrates

Mediokrates

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi all,

A few years ago, my gf received a brand new canon pixma ip5200 printer for christmas. Shortly thereafter, we moved in together, and as I already had a printer, we never even opened the box for the 5200. A few months ago, my printer died, and I decided to finally set up the 5200. Following all the instructions in the user manual, and installing the software on my computer, I got to the test printing, when the printer jammed. I cleared the jam, but since then the printer will not respond, flashing 12 times alternately between the power & warning lights. I've looked this up and been told by others it is a 6A00 error, which could be related to the sheet feed, purge, or logic assembly units. I've been told this is most likely a jam.

This is an unused printer, stored away unopened in its box with all my other computer supplies.

I've downloaded the service manual, and taken off the outer top casing. I've manual fed paper through the printer to see if anything stuck would come out. Nothing.

I have noticed that the paper feed tray, was locked in the down position (1 inch away from the main feed roller). I managed to roll the gears so that the tray unlocked and is now in contact with the main roller, and depresses under pressure.

I removed a few of the connections and put them back in. Still no change.

I don't want to believe that canon makes such a crappy product that a part fails when the product is being set up. Especially since the printer is obviously out of warranty, since we didn't even open it for 2 or 3 years.

I don't know whether it matters, but on the front of the computer there is a printer icon, with 2 lights, one where the paper should come out, and one where the paper should feed. The feed light is on.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What should I be looking for? Any place I should be looking for a jam?

Thanks in advance,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users