Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help needed - 0x800070005 error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Firubat

Firubat

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

hello,
i had some virus problems which i mannaged to fix using Malewarebytes antimaleware.
after the removal i tried to install and update a mcafee antivirus. while trying to update it i got an error message, for which the solution was supposed to be runing the following code:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
but i got an error message saying something like (it's not in english originally)
The module c:\Windows\System32\Ole32.dll was loaded but calling DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x800070005.
now i found some corporate solutions (like this one) but they all cost alot of money. Is there any free way to fix this problem?
thanks alot
firubat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

MalwareBytes is NOT an anti-virus utility. I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site to make sure your system is clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users