Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable Hotkeys

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rue38

rue38

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:50 AM

I have a friend with XP Pro, I have XP Home(SP2). The reason i mention that is, I think it takes the same steps for both O.S. to disable the hotkeys.

While we are playing Call of Duty:United Offensive, My friend sometimes hits the hotkey and brings up the task bar and all that. By the time she gets back into the game, she's dead(lol).

She wants to disable the hotkeys and below this is what i've found. Is this what will do the trick, and if not, can someone help with it. AND, will i be able to do this over the phone with her even though she has xp pro and i have home edition(in other words, will we both be looking at the same things)...Thanks in advance. Roy

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/549/

ACTUALLY...i would ONLY like to disable the winlogo key...and don't tell me to get a flathead screwdriver and pop the key off...lmao....thanks...Roy

Edited by rue38, 17 December 2005 - 12:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users