Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For lack of better title, Am I infected???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spot2112

spot2112

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hi. I'm a repeat customer on BC.

The problem in a nutshell is, I can't trust that I have a clean machine.

I don't know if the procedures for beginning a new topic are the same here as in the malware logs forum, so I have attached dds.txt and attach.txt as for that forum.

I honestly can't tell what's just normal windows behavior anymore and what is potentially malware. I have had a few alerts but nothing that seems major, but I have ports open on 1081, 1082, etc., and some other known malware ports. Hijack Free online report mentions Winhole, Rat, and Xtreme, among others. I do have a jailbroken iphone that I thether to to reach the net, and I suspect its part of a botnet, even though I long ago changed the default passwords. I wonder if my machine is being hacked by the bot commander? I just don't know what's going on but there are peculiarities everywhere I look. I can't keep track of them all. When someone is able to reply, please let me know what specific sorts of information you want and I will provide it.

Thanks,

spot2112

PS...am I missing something? How do I attach files? I'll be looking for the answer, but if someone reads this and knows, please post! Thanks.

PPS...since I can't seem to figure out attachments anymore, here is a link to my Hijack Free online analysis for some light reading.

Edited by spot2112, 15 February 2011 - 02:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spot2112

spot2112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

All,

Nevermind...the machine is definitely infected. I'll be starting a new topic and a new wait for help....grumble grumble... ;)

For those keeping score at home...malware: recreating files as soon as I hit delete, boot to pretty blue screen - no desktop/taskbar/etc, writes to any CD/DVD that hasn't been properly "closed" by burner, thousands upon thousands of neat files containing endless combinations of innumerable lines of "Z" and "." chars, prevented proper operation of recovery console, and the hits just keep on coming. Me: regained the desktop and recovery console (latter after popping out the cmos battery for a few minutes). I cheated and booted linux to delete the file that "it" kept rewriting. I think I have also managed to capture actual code from the malware. But I can't code anything that isn't structured code, if you catch my drift, so can't do much with it. Basically, I'm still pwned. See you in the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users