Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC has a serious infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caleo

caleo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hi There
I seem to have a serious issue with my pc (running XP professional )
I have the google redirect virus and this has caused it too slow to almost standstill and wont navigate between pages.
It will often redirect you to dubious sites and advertising pages whilst googling and It wont allow me to use any of the following programs at all
Spybot,Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ,SUPERAntiSpyware Free, or any number of others I have downloaded whilst reading the forum over the last few days so the virus has locked them all down.
Where should I start with ridding the infection ?
Any information is much appreciated
Regards
Calvin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 T0rch

T0rch

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

Have same issue, this much I've found out so far. In safe mode spybot, etc. will work.

#3 caleo

caleo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

I have tried safe mode and still the antispyware programs will not work,spybot incl. I assume by safe mode you mean do a restart => F8 => then select "safe mode" ?
This doesnt seem to slow the virus down at all as none of the programs will actually load. rkill works but after i run it I cant get a browser to connect to the internet again until I do a another restart (which takes ages with a slow system )

#4 caleo

caleo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

I managed to get SUPERAntiSpyware to work briefly by changing the file name extension .It only ran for 20 secs before the virus shut it down but it did reveal the folowing file name as malicious Trojan.Dropped/SVCHost-Fake There were a few more but i didnt get time to write them down before the program exited on me
Anyone recognise that and know how to get rid of it ?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users