Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get Win updates or get into Safe Mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Konadan

Konadan

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

I can't install Win Updates. I tried getting into Safe Mode. I got the Menu, and selected Safe Mode with Networking, but I just get a blank screen. I have ERUNT, and went back 3 months, but that didn't help. Now, I have more updates that won't install.

I ran Malwarebytes and Superantivirus, and it didn't help.Please help.

Per prep instructions, I ran DDS and Defogger, and made sure Win Firewall is up.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

No need for follow-up or help with this issue. It's not a malware problem. I had corrupt and missing files causing my problem. I worked with the Microsoft support team, and they helped me find the problem. Unfortunately, we couldn't get all the missing files. So, they are going to help me upgrade to Win 7.

I must say that they are rapidly changing the image of Microsoft from being an unresponsive software company to a customer focused company. I have never gotten such great service from any vendor, and at no cost to me. These guys went the extra mile for me. They were very responsive and skillful. And they are a Microsoft overseas outsource team. Forget what you heard about outsourced teams. They speak better English than some of us in the USA...very skillful and a job well done. :-)

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users