Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't See Card Reader In "my Computer"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tudordoc

Tudordoc

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

I would be most grateful for your help

I have a PC running XP with SP2. I have a USB2 all in one card reader. Recently I (foolishly) removed the multiple drive letters of the card reader and reasigned my back -up hard drive to tidy things up. Now when I plug the card reader in I get the usual USB connection noise but the reader does not show up in Windows Explorer. I have been into the device manager and the card reader is there with 4 listsing - one for each slot. I tried to uninstall it in the hope that it would re-install and sort itself out. No luck. The card reader is working when I plug it into my laptop

I have downloaded Drive Manager and the card readers' drives are not listed.

Have you any suggestions?

Many thanks

TudorDoc

PS NOw cured the probelm. Went to Disk Management and manually assigned drive letters

Edited by Tudordoc, 17 December 2005 - 09:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:18 AM

Thank you for the posting the fix. Maybe someone else will learn from your experience.

Merry Christmas.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users