Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 mysterious extra connections by our ADSL modem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 oink6

oink6

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Hi, Im new here.
Hopefully Im writing in the correct board.
Im on my French girlfriends computer and cant find the apostrophe on her French keyboard, so excuse me for this.
She has a French ADSL modem called Freebox.
I am trying to figure out why her connection is so slow and I think I found out that her modem has not one but 4 WiFi signals, 2 of which are not secured and I cant seem to configure them on her online Freebox account (where there is only the option to configure 1 of these connections).
I found this out by using a laptop and switching her modem off and realising that 4 full-signal connections disappear when I do this.

OK now 1 of her 4 connections is the normal one, the one we named and password-protected ourselves.
The other one is for Freephone, which I just switched off because we dont use this facility.
The other 2 are the ones I have problem with- I dont know what they are, and they are not password-protected.

One of them is called FreeWiFi and the other is called Reseau sans nom, which is French for Network with no name.
What are these two connections, how can I switch them off or password-protect them (question mark, cant find it on the French keyboard).

I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users