Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D3DIM7.EXE - Malware or Just a Program Behaving Badly?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wnfrench

wnfrench

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone encountered this? It's hogging 97% of my neighbor's cpu cycles. It must be loaded at start up, but I can't find it using Windows Explorer, msconfig or Admin Services. I haven't yet gone into his registry, and probably won't (too much chance of something unexpected happening on someone else's computer). I know there's a .dll named D3DIM700.DLL that's probably on most Windows computers; I don't think this it either. He has the Computer Associates security suite. It doesn't recognize it as anything malevolent. Neither does Malwarebytes. I've showed him how to unload the program using Windows Task Manager, but he's going to have to do it everytime his computer boots up, and who knows what other things it's doing elsewhere in his system? Anyone know anything about this one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I am not certain exactly what that file is ,but I suspect ito be related to a game.game developer program or Direct Draw.

The d3dim.dll file to provide a device-independent way for games and Windows subsystem software to make use of the features of specific display devices extends the 3D functionality of DirectDraw

http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/d3dim

It may ecen be from MSFT DirectX

Also found this
http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/d3dim

Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
<filepath>suspect.file

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users