Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Legal Repricusions Against Spyware / Virus Makers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sean Brockest

Sean Brockest

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

I think the topic pretty much says it all. I've been battling SpySheriff almost 12 hours now (straight, havn't left my desk except for food and bathroom)

This has been a major strike at my business. I have confidential files that if they were accessed, would easily constitute international crimes (i'm from canada, i'm pretty sure the makers of spysheriff arn't)

anyway, i'm going to reboot again. if i was successfull this time and the virus doens't re-propogate when i reinstall, i'l be able to finally go to bed. either way i'l be talking to a guy who works here in town on international law on monday. fortunately i've got a business contact who went to school with the guy. But i thought i'd ask here incase anyone knew anything that could get me started.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sean Brockest

Sean Brockest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:59 PM

in the end, i spent a total 14 man-hours on removing this infection. Damn i'm pissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users