Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daysandghfan

daysandghfan

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:56 AM

I was wondering if there are such things as external battery chargers? The reason I ask is the connecter to plug in the cord to charge my computer is broken and I'm pretty sure since my warrently has expired it wouldn't be worth it to pay to fix it But if there was a way to charge my battery outside my computer it might be worth my money to buy so that I would still be able to use it until i'm able to buy a new computer and be able to save important info to disk. Thanks for any info you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:18 AM

Is the broken plug inside the computer socket, charger, or the cord? What is the make, and model of you computer? What is the model number on the battery it's self? I'll see what I can find.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 daysandghfan

daysandghfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

my computer is a toshiba 1805-S204
the part broken is the coputer socket itself the silver part that sticks into the charger broke off and the entire square part around is it shoved pretty far inside the computer. I'm not sure the model number of the battery i couldn't see it anywhere but if you let me know where thats located i could tell you. Thanks again

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:32 PM

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Desktop Charger

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

If you want to tackle it I found a place with replacement parts for notebooks. If you are comfortible working on computers you should be able repair to it yourself.

Merry Christmas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users